On Friday, November 30, 2012, the Robert H. Lurie Comprehensive Cancer Center of Northwestern University and Northwestern Memorial Hospital will host the 15th Annual Oncology Nursing Conference. The conference will bring together nurses from around the region to discuss topics of interest in oncology nursing.
Friday, November 30, 2012
8:00 a.m. – 5:15 p.m.
Prentice Women's Hospital
250 E. Superior Street, Chicago
Join the Lurie Cancer Center and Northwestern Memorial Hospital at the 15th Annual Oncology Nursing Conference. This highly visible and successful conference attracts over 225 oncology nurses each year from the region. This year's conference will focus on the following topics:
Mary Callaghan, MN, RN, AOCNS, APN
Peggy Gilbertsen, RN
Nicole Gooding, MSHS, BN, RN, CHPN
Carol S. Knop, MS, APN, AOCN
Marcia Mickle, ACNP, AOCN
Margaret C. Pierce, RN, BSN, OCN
To provide attendees with an opportunity to focus on the clinical and supportive roles of providing nursing care to individuals with a cancer diagnosis.
Local and regional nurses, physician assistants, advanced practice nurses, clinical research nurses, social workers, and physicians with a focus on hematology and oncology.
- Keynote Presentation:
Change as a Habit of Mind - Barbara Mackoff, Ed.D
- Changes in Quality of Life for Cancer Patients - Timothy Pearman, Ph.D.
- Changes in Devices and Treatment Paradigms: A Focus on Interventional Radiology - Robert Ryu, MD
- Fertility Preservation in Pediatric Patients - Barbara Lockart, RN, MSN, CPNP, CPON
- Lung Cancer Update - Melissa Johnson, MD
- Medical Issues during Cancer Treatment: Pulmonary Issues - Susan Collazo RN, CNP
- Rehabilitation in Oncology Patients - Gail Gamble, MD
- Sarcomas in Pediatric Patients - Barbara Lockart, RN, MSN, CPNP, CPON
- Texts, Tweets and Social Networks: Professionalism in the Age of the Internet and Smartphone - Joan Anzia, MD
- Transitions in Care for Cancer Patients - Eytan Szmuilowicz, MD
This educational activity has been given 7.5 contact hours.
In order to receive your certificate for contact hours, you must:
- verify your attendance by signing the roster
- attend at least 80% of the presentation
- submit a completed evaluation form before you leave the program