William L Lowe, Jr, MD
Vice Dean for Academic Affairs
Thomas D. Spies Professor of Genetic Metabolism
Professor of Medicine (Endocrinology)
The primary area of interest of the Lowe lab is maternal metabolism during pregnancy, fetal growth and their interaction. Genetic-, genomics- and metabolomics-based technologies together with a multi-ancestry, population-based cohort of mothers and their offspring from the Hyperglycemia and Adverse Pregnancy Outcome Study are being used to pursue these areas of interest.
Education and Certification
- MD: University of North Carolina (1980)
- Internship: Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Boston, Medicine (1981)
- Residency: Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Boston, Medicine (1983)
- Fellowship: National Institutes of Health (1988)
- Board Certification: Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism, Internal Medicine
To make an appointment, call our general Lurie Cancer Center number at 312-695-0990.