Ankit Bharat, MBBS
Chief of Thoracic Surgery in the Department of Surgery
Harold L. and Margaret N. Method Research Professor of Surgery
Dr Bharat is board certified in general surgery and thoracic surgery. His clinical interests include malignant and benign chest and esophageal diseases. Dr Bharat's research is focused on lung preservation, transplant immunology and airway biology, achieved through collaboration with the Kovler Comprehensive Transplant Center and the Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine.
Education and Certification
- MBBS: Christian Medical College, India (2003)
- Postdoctoral Fellowship: Washington University, General Surgery (2006)
- Internship: Washington University in St Louis, Barnes Jewish Hospital, General Surgery (2007)
- Residency: Washington University in St Louis, Barnes Jewish Hospital, General Surgery (2011)
- Residency: Washington University in St Louis, Barnes Jewish Hospital, Cardiothoracic Surgery (2013)
- Board Certification: General Surgery, Thoracic and Cardiac Surgery
To make an appointment, call our general Lurie Cancer Center number at 312-695-0990.