Internal sources of support for Lurie Cancer Center investigators are listed below. Doctoral students and postdoctoral fellows can find information on our Travel Grants page about funds to defray the travel and registration expenses associated with presenting their research at a scientific meeting.
H Foundation NCI Stimulus Awards
- To assist faculty in procurement of NCI-funded R01 grants
- Must be member of a Lurie Cancer Center Basic Sciences Research Program
- Must have submitted a first-in-career R01 application to the NCI that was scored but not funded OR received a score near the payline on a competitive renewal application
Lurie Cancer Center Funds Supporting Investigator-Initiated Clinical/Translational Studies
- Support for innovative, investigator-initiated trials and novel translational research conducted at the Lurie Cancer Center, that may serve as the foundation for larger, nationally funded studies.
- Cancer Center investigators with protocols reviewed and approved by the Lurie Cancer Center Scientific Review Committee (SRC)
Translational Bridge Program Awards
- To foster the translation of basic science research into clinical advancements
- Collaboration between a basic scientist and a clinical investigator, with at least one member of the Lurie Cancer Center;
- Have a clear plan for translation into clinical products
- Have potential to impact treatment of cancers represented in the Lurie Cancer Center's catchment area.
Lou and Jean Malnati Brain Tumor Institute of the Lurie Cancer Center
- Funding and support for brain and spinal cord tumor-related research and projects
- Physicians, researchers and collaborators affiliated with the Malnati Brain Tumor Institute of the Lurie Cancer Center
- Project aimed at improving treatment and well-being of patients with brain or spinal cord tumors