The Oncodermatology Program provides specialized skin care for patients undergoing cancer treatment, including:
- Assessment and treatment of:
- Skin side effects from chemotherapy
- Skin side effects from radiation
- Skin lesions/growths
- Skin infections
- Paraneoplastic syndromes (rare disorders that are triggered by an altered immune system response in the presence of cancer)
- Skin side effects from stem cell transplant, including GVHD
- Total body skin examinations for cancer patients, cancer survivors and transplant patients
- General skin care for cancer patients and cancer survivors
- Access to innovative clinical research trials
- Dermatological surgery procedures
Led by Jennifer Nam Choi, MD, the program runs an active inpatient dermatology consultation service and provides comprehensive skin care and skin cancer surveillance for high-risk patients and all cancer survivors. The program also offers a robust Extracorporeal Photopheresis unit, an innovative cellular therapy to treat patients with GVHD, cutaneous T-cell lymphoma and solid organ transplants.
As part of the Oncodermatology Program's commitment to advancing comprehensive skin care for patients with cancer, clinical research trials investigate the prevention and treatment of cancer therapy-related side effects.
To schedule an appointment, call 312-695-8106. We’re located on the 21st Floor of the Galter Pavilion. Hours are Mondays from 8 a.m. to 12 p.m., Tuesdays from 1 p.m. to 5 p.m. Urgent consultations are seen as quickly as possible throughout the week.Back to top